Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Frustration

Sometimes I don't think this blog necessarily reflects me fully. When I write here I'm generally in a thoughtful mood, usually after spending a lot of time praying and finding myself growing in a spirit of joy in Christ. I don't tend to write much when I'm aggravated, or down, or when I've had a day where I've fallen prey to temptation a lot.

I've just been in sort of a weird funk today. I've managed to stick to my usual routine including getting into the Scriptures and praying before work, but sometimes I feel like I come to a newer and deeper point in my walk, and sometimes I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. Add to this the stuff that's been going on with people I thought were friends--and ironically, the passage I was in today was 1 Corinthians 6.

Even as I grabbed my Bible to double-check the reference, though, the first page I open it to has a single highlighted passage:
Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.--Psalm 33:20-22
It's funny that God would interrupt a rant in progress with a verse containing words that have been on my mind a lot lately--"steadfast," "wait for the Lord," "[being] glad in him." Whether it's worry over outcomes or just aggravation at things I have no control over, I need to let that go. God is bigger than all those things, and I continue to pray that this fact will be one that my heart is constantly reminded of.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

You don't even know how much I needed to read this last night, but this morning was perfection! Thanks for putting it out there, Dave.