Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A prayer from World Mandate

Lord, You are mighty, righteous, holy, and over all things. But just as much You are loving, merciful, and full of grace. Our sins are black upon this world, and all creation is aching and groaning under the weight of sinful rebellion. Your wrath on us, Father, is just and deserved, upon a world that embraces condemnation in its dark works rather than embrace the light. But Lord, I pray that You will shower mercy and grace on us; I pray that You will move mightily in this world to destroy sin's stronghold in the hearts of man and break our hearts for You, that the world may come to worship You. I know that much is yet to come before all things are renewed, but I pray that You would grant those of us You have rescued boldness to speak of Your love and power to touch hearts through our words and deeds. I pray to live in that perfect love which casts out fear, and that in You I and the men and women You have put around me would find healing, wholeness, and true life far beyond what this world could ever hope to offer. In the name of the Son, in the power of the Spirit, amen.

No comments: